Support Goshala for Shishu Punar Jeevanam
Amar Seva Sangam, with its mission to empower disabled, has core focus on rehabilitation of disabled children and adults. Towards this goal, in order to nourish the disabled children and adults, has established a Goshala in the year 2008, to provide the nutritious cow’s milk as part of daily food plan. Currently the Goshala has 65 Cows including 20 calves who are given the best care for their daily feeding and health. Milk produced from the Goshala is completely used in the Central Kitchen to provide hot milk to all children, inmates and patients within the Sangam besides making Curd and buttermilk for daily consumption.
Cow’s Milk offers the following health and nutritional benefits that aid the rehabilitation efforts:
Cow’s milk is a good source of protein and calcium, as well as rich in nutrients including Vitamin B12 and Iodine. It also contains magnesium, which is important for bone development and muscle function, and whey and casein, which have been found to play a role in lowering blood pressure. According to the National Dairy Council USA, milk is filled with nine essential nutrients that benefit our health:
- Calcium: Builds healthy bones and teeth; maintains bone mass
- Protein: Serves as a source of energy; builds/repairs muscle tissue
- Potassium: Helps maintain a healthy blood pressure
- Phosphorus: Helps strengthen bones and generate energy
- Vitamin D: Helps maintain bones
- Vitamin B12: Maintains healthy red blood cells and nerve tissue
- Vitamin A: Maintains the immune system; helps maintain normal vision and skin
- Riboflavin (B2): Converts food into energy
- Niacin: Metabolizes sugars and fatty acids
In order to sustain the Goshala to take care of Cows, Sangam spends over Rs.24 lakhs towards Cattle fodder, Haystack, Spinach (Agatthi Keerai), medicines, Veterinary Doctor Care, Water, Power, Cowherds salaries, and other administrative expenses. Towards this, Amar Seva Sangam has developed following sponsorship schemes.
Goshala Donation Schemes
- One day feeding for all cows and calves – INR 4,000
- One month upkeep of One Cow – INR 3,000
- One month Cattle fodder for a cow – INR 1,000
- Sponsor medicines for a cow – INR 500
- Sponsor Spinach for a cow – INR 100
*Foreign donors can do only direct bank transfer
We request well wishers to support generously for this noble cause to sustain rehabilitation of disabled.